If you are looking for a ridiculously easy-to-make keto bread with a hint of sweetness – look no further.
This is my variation of the egg loaf recipe I found on the carb manager app’s website. The basic recipe calls for eggs, cream cheese, butter, and cinnamon.
I added a pinch of salt, coconut flour, and baking powder. Because the coconut flour is pretty moist, I reduced the amount of butter. Plus, I swapped vanilla for the cinnamon.
The result is a sweet, moist, and satiating bread that goes well with butter or honey.
It is the perfect comfort food 😋
Easy Egg Loaf
- mixing bowl
- loaf pan
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 200 g cream cheese softened
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or coconut oil or line the pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thouroughly. I used a hand mixer, but a blender works equally well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool for 10-20 minutes before serving. It may fall, which seems to be normal.
- Serve with your favorite topping or just eat plain 🙂
Spicing Up Your Egg Loaf
Readers of this blog might know that I love experimenting with flavors and spices and trying new recipes. This egg loaf recipe is so simple that you can change it up in a variety of ways. For example, you can:
- add in chocolate chips
- swirl in your favorite nut butter
- add in fruit puree or berries (you might need to bake it a little longer)
- add in your favorite nuts and seeds
Have fun 😉