These chocolate squares are one of my favorites. With a bit more protein than your typical chocolate bars, they are great for long runs, where it can be tricky to consume adequate protein.
I found they taste better a day or two after making. Just after hardening, they might be a bit gooey – like caramel bonbons. But after a few days, their texture becomes much smoother.
Protein Chocolate Squares
- mixing bowl
- sauce pan / pot
- silicone molds
- 100 g cocoa butter
- 60 g whey protein powder (chocolate flavor)
- 1 pinch salt
- to taste sweetener
- melt the cocoa butter
- mix whey protein powder, salt and sweetener
- add the melted cocoa butter to the whey protein powder and add sweetener to taste, if needed
- pour mixture into silicon molds and let it cool down
- store it in the fridge or an airtight container on your counter top