These coconut macaroons are my favorite cookies.
You need only four ingredients to make these irresistible treats.
Like the coconut-lemon-cake, I love macaroons as a welcome treat on a long run or hike.
Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, they make the perfect travel food.
Sharing with friends and family is easy, too, because the ingredient list is manageable, and these cookies are gluten-free, nut-free, and sugar-free.
If you feel creative, you can experiment with different flavors and add ons. How about hiding a few bits of chocolate or dried fruit? Or adding a dash of cinnamon or hazelnut flavoring to the batter?
The options are endless.
If you like coconut, you will love these coconut macaroons.
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- hand mixer
- 200 g coconut flakes
- 4 egg whites
- 100 g erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add egg whites and beat them with a hand mixer until peaks form.
- Slowly add the erythritol to the egg whites and continue mixing until well combined.
- Carefully add the coconut flakes and vanilla extract, and stir until combined.
- Scoop the macaroons into small balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the macaroons are golden brown.